Thursday, December 18, 2008

Recurring dream

I have this recurring dream that scares the beejeezus out of me and I had heard about past life regression and wonder if it represents some part of my life. It usually involves a serial killer. The killer is always a man, but not usually the same man. Last night I had a very vivid dream where I ended up meeting two men (they are actually from high school) and I knew right away that they were stalking me. I had this incredibly sick and creepy feeling come over me. I lived in the same neighborhood with them and tried to avoid them and hide from them. At some point in the dream I take a youth group or group of kids on a field trip where we stay at a bed and breakfast. I realize too late that it is run by the killers and that we are all targets, but I can't let on that I know or no one will survive. The rooms were all exposed. In other words, they weren't completely private. I was Jennifer Aniston and I was inspecting these beams that ran from the floor in a slanted sort of way and my eye followed them up to the next room. The beam kept going up into other rooms and it occured to me that this was a way for the killers to watch us. I remember laying in a bed with dark, khaki green sheets and I was in a big, open room and it was so long that it would take me a while to get to the door. In my effort to avoid the killers I kept ending up right in their path. At one point, I walk out of a house and there they are. They put their arms around me like we were old friends and tried to get me to come with them and then I woke up.

These dreams usually involve me hiding in various places from the killer and I usually have my kids or some children that I am trying to hide as well. In the dreams there is usually this house structure that I hide in. From the three most recent dreams there were always some beams. One, I was hiding out under a house that had a pier and beam foundation. In another, it was an old, haunted house (my grandparents) and I hid in the attic or the basement (or both).

I have tried to wake up from these dreams, but can't. I'm usually in a very deep sleep and it is a real effort to pull myself out of them.

No comments: